Sunday, April 21, 2024

Hello Beautiful


 Our third meeting of this year was held at Lisa H's house.   The book was Hello Beautiful   by Anne Napolitano.      Of course I hold a bias here as it was my pick.  I loved this book from the very beginning.   First, of course because of my Italian upbringing and second because of the four sisters.  I remember when my daughter Natalie called me on the phone crying when she was pregnant to say "  I'm so glad Lily will have a sister!"


The reviews however were mixed.   Many felt frustrated about the actions of the mom in the story and thought it didn't hold true.  Others felt it was contrived when the basketball players combed the city looking for William.    Many thought that the basketball angle was well thought out.  Everyone loved the character of "Kent."  


I'm holding fast on my opinion of this book.  What makes a book club so wonderful however is the varying opinions. How boring it would be if everyone agreed all the time!  



No comments:

Post a Comment