Monday, July 27, 2015

First Blog Post!!!

This is the first post of our new blog for the book club.  You all are going to be able to write posts, make comments, send photos, post recipes etc. onto this blog. I'm very excited to get this started!

July 1st, 2015        Mitra's house

Book:   Boston Girl    Author Anita Diamant

Here is a review of the book - LINK

Our reviews on the book were mixed. Most felt that it was a "thin" story with very little depth. Others felt that it felt more like "YA" than adult fiction.   Some liked it because it was a good summer read.
Some others felt that this story was done before.

Our meal however was not done before. It was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented.

Here are some photos from the meal.








Last weekend I spent some time with Anita Diament who is a good friend of my ex-college roommate.  I didn't find her easily accessible and she was not at all interested that I was from Stamford, Ct and she was going to do a talk at the Ferguson Library in September.  I did find out however that her book Boston Girl was really supposed to be about the women who stayed at the Rockport Lodge and how they were liberated for their time.  It was supposed to be a very different book that was re-written by the advice of her editor!!  I don't think I'm interested in hearing her speak but I might change my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa- Thanks for starting the Blog! I loved the authentic Indian food that Mitra served and the discussion was great! See you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table setting , great food and wonderful group of women.

    ReplyDelete