Monday, August 17, 2015

Meeting Al Fresco

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015, we had our monthly meeting at my house.  There were 8 of us in attendance, plus one guest, my hubby David.  At 6:30, Debbie, Mitra, David and I toasted the summer with wine and whiskey.  At 7, we were joined by Pam, Lisa E, Marlyn and Lynne, and a bit later by Mary.  Thank you to all the home grown vegetables and herbs, the spirits and the flowers.  

I thought I had the menu all worked out - salmon, pesto pasta, green beans a la salsa and a salad, but my better half decided to join me in the kitchen and make one of his chili dishes - a ground beef and fresh vegetable one. I think all of us agreed that his dish was the standout so glad he decided to add that to the menu.  

When the bugs overpowered the citronella, we went inside for our meeting and dessert (brownies and chocolate chip cookies).  The book was The Residence: Inside the Private World of the White House, by Kate Anderson Brower.  Although we had someone who was two thumbs up and someone who was two thumbs down, the majority thought it was just ok.  Many thought another book about the butler in the White House was more interesting.  All agreed it was a light, summer read.

It was a fun time.  A lot of laughs and good conversation.  Here are a few photos.  I know Lynne took a few also.  Look forward to seeing all of you soon.  Janet


 



1 comment:

  1. Excellent post Janet. Sorry I missed the meeting. The menu sounds delicious.
    It sounds like some people read " The Butler.". I enjoyed this book for a cool summer read.

    ReplyDelete